There are many factors to consider when choosing the best calculator for nursing students. The type of calculator needed depends on the coursework and clinical requirements. For example, some classes may require the use of a graphing calculator while others may not.
Cost is also a factor to consider, as calculators can range in price from under $100 to over $500. Additionally, it is important to choose a calculator that is durable and easy to use. With so many factors to consider, it can be difficult to know where to start when choosing a calculator for nursing students.
However, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision and choose the best calculator for your individual needs.
Review of Best Calculator For Nursing Student
1. Casio FX-991EX Engineering/Scientific Calculator, Black, 3″ x 6.5″ x 0.4″
- Brand: Casio
- Manufacturer: Casio Computer Co., Ltd
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 3.0 Inches Width: 6.5 Inches Length: 0.4 Inches Weight: 0.2 Pounds `
The Casio FX-991EX is a high-quality engineering/scientific calculator that is perfect for students and professionals. It features a large LCD display, a variety of mathematical functions, and is extremely durable. This calculator is an excellent choice for anyone in need of a reliable and powerful scientific calculator.
- The Casio FX-991EX is a powerful engineering/scientific calculator that is ideal for use in the classroom, office or home.
- The calculator has many features that are useful for engineers and scientists, such as: a large display, easy-to-use buttons, a wide variety of mathematical functions, and the ability to store data.
- The Casio FX-991EX is a durable and reliable calculator that will provide years of service.
- The calculator is powered by batteries, so it can be used anywhere.
- The price of the Casio FX-991EX is very reasonable.
This calculator is amazing! It has so many features and is very user-friendly. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the engineering or scientific field.
2. FX-115ESPLUS Casio FX115ESPLUS Scientific Calculator Black 1-Pack 1
- Brand: Casio
- Manufacturer: CASIO
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 3.15 Inches Width: 6.38 Inches Length: 0.44 Inches Weight: 0.209375 Pounds `
8” x 6.1” x 3.2” This calculator is amazing! It’s super easy to use and really helped me out with my math class.
- The Casio FX-115ESPLUS is one of the most popular scientific calculators on the market.
- It is used by students and professionals in a variety of fields, including mathematics, engineering, and the sciences.
- The calculator has many features that make it useful for a wide range of calculations, including complex mathematical operations.
- The FX-115ESPLUS is easy to use and its large display makes it easy to read results.
- The calculator is powered by batteries, making it portable and convenient to use anywhere.
This is a great calculator! I’ve had it for a few months now and it’s been working great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a scientific calculator.
3. Casio FX-991ES Plus-2nd Edition Scientific Calculator
- Brand: Casio
- Manufacturer: CASIO
- Dimensions: Height: 0.43307 Inches Width: 3.03149 Inches Length: 6.37794 Inches Weight: 0.2094391489 Pounds `
The Casio FX-991ES Plus-2nd Edition Scientific Calculator is a great product for anyone who needs a reliable and accurate calculator. It has all the features you would expect from a scientific calculator, plus a few extras that make it even more useful. The backlit display is very easy to read, even in low light conditions, and the solar power means you never have to worry about batteries. This is an essential tool for students and professionals alike.
- The Casio FX-991ES Plus-2nd Edition Scientific Calculator is a great tool for students who need help with their math homework.
- The calculator can perform complex mathematical operations, making it ideal for students taking higher level math courses.
- The calculator is also useful for scientists and engineers who need to perform calculations on a regular basis.
- The calculator is easy to use and comes with an instruction manual that makes it simple to understand how to use all of its features.
- Finally, the Casio FX-991ES Plus-2nd Edition Scientific Calculator is affordable, making it a great option for budget-minded consumers.
The Casio FX-991ES Plus-2nd Edition Scientific Calculator is an excellent product. It is easy to use and very user friendly. The calculator has all the features that I need and more. It is definitely worth the price.
4. Casio fx-115ESPLUS2 2nd Edition, Advanced Scientific Calculator
- Brand: Casio
- Manufacturer: CASIO
- Color: White
- Dimensions: Height: 9.0 Inches Width: 2.0 Inches Length: 5.5 Inches Weight: 0.37919509064 Pounds `
This is an excellent calculator for students and professionals alike. It has many features that are very user-friendly, making it a great choice for those who need a reliable and accurate calculator.
- The Casio fx-115ESPLUS2 2nd Edition is an advanced scientific calculator that is packed with features and functions to help students with their math and science studies.
- The calculator has a large, easy-to-read display that shows both the equation and the answer at the same time.
- The calculator can be used in solar or battery power mode, so it’s always ready to use, even in low light conditions.
- The calculator comes with a hard case to protect it from damage when not in use.
- The Casio fx-115ESPLUS2 2nd Edition is backed by a one-year warranty from Casio.
The Casio fx-115ESPLUS2 2nd Edition, Advanced Scientific Calculator is a great tool for students and professionals. It has many features that make it easy to use, including an large display and easy-to-use buttons. The calculator also comes with a comprehensive manual that explains all of the features in detail. I would highly recommend this calculator to anyone who needs a scientific calculator.
5. Sharp EL-531WHBK Scientific Calculator
- Brand: SHARP
- Manufacturer: Sharp
- Dimensions: Height: 0.716534 Inches Width: 6.082665 Inches Length: 3.133852 Inches Weight: 0.2425084882 Pounds `
This is an excellent calculator for students and professionals. It has all of the features you would expect from a scientific calculator, and more. The display is clear and easy to read, the buttons are large and well-spaced, and it comes with a hard case to protect it from being dropped or damaged. It also has a built-in solar panel so you never have to worry about batteries.
- The Sharp EL-531WHBK is a great scientific calculator for students and professionals alike. It has all of the features you would expect from a scientific calculator, including trigonometric functions, logarithmic functions, and exponential functions.
- The Sharp EL-531WHBK is extremely user-friendly. Even if you’ve never used a scientific calculator before, you’ll be able to figure out how to use this one with ease.
- This calculator is very affordable, yet it doesn’t sacrifice quality or features. You can get a lot of bang for your buck with the Sharp EL-531WHBK.
- TheSharp EL-531WHBK is very durable. I’ve had mine for over two years now and it still works like new. I’ve dropped it a few times and it’s held up perfectly.
- This scientific calculator comes with a built-in tutorial that can help you learn how to use all of its features effectively.
I needed a new scientific calculator for my high school math and science classes, and the Sharp EL-531WHBK was the perfect choice! It has all of the features I need, plus some that I didn’t even know I needed, but are really handy. The display is very clear and easy to read, and the buttons have a nice, solid feel. Overall, this is an excellent calculator that I would highly recommend to anyone in need of a good scientific calculator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a calculator in nursing school?
Using a calculator in nursing school can be extremely helpful when completing math-related tasks and equations. Many online and offline nursing programs now offer calculators specifically for nursing students that can help make calculations simpler and faster.
In most cases, using a calculator is allowed as long as it does not give you an unfair advantage over other students who are not using one.
If you are unsure whether or not you are allowed to use a calculator during a test or exam, check with your instructor beforehand.
Which calculator is best for students?
There are a variety of calculators on the market, and it can be difficult to decide which one is best for students. Here is a breakdown of some of the most popular calculator options to help you make a decision:
1. Basic Calculators: These are the simplest type of calculator, and are great for basic math operations. They usually have a small number of buttons and an LCD display. Examples include the TI-30X IIS and the Casio FX-82MS.
2. Graphing Calculators: These calculators are more advanced than basic models, and can be used to graph equations or plot data points. They usually have a larger number of buttons and a larger LCD display. Examples include the TI-84 Plus CE and the HP 50g.
3. Scientific Calculators: These calculators offer more features than graphing or basic models, and can be used for complex math operations as well as scientific calculations. They often have a large number of buttons and an extended keyboard layout. Examples include the TI-36X Pro and the Casio fx-991ES Plus II.
4. Financial Calculators: These calculators are designed specifically for financial calculations, such as mortgage payments or investment growth projections. They often have specialized button layouts with functions related to money management.
What is the best math for nurses?
There is no definitive answer to this question as different nurses have different opinions on what the best math for nurses is. However, some commonly cited options include algebra, geometry and trigonometry. These mathematics disciplines are often seen as being particularly beneficial for nurses due to their ability to help students understand concepts related to spatial relationships, proportions and measurement.
Additionally, these mathematical skills can be helpful in problem-solving and critical thinking – two essential qualities for any nurse.
What type of math is used for nursing?
There is a lot of math involved in nursing! Everything from basic arithmetic to more complex concepts like algebra and calculus is used on a daily basis. Let’s take a closer look at some of the specific types of math that nurses use:
Basic Arithmetic: This is the most basic form of math and includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Nurses use this type of math when calculating things like dosages and medication rates. Algebra: Algebra is a bit more advanced than basic arithmetic and includes solving equations and working with variables.
This type of math is often used in conjunction with other forms of math to solve more complex problems. For example, algebra might be used to calculate IV drip rates or figure out how much medication to give based on a patient’s weight. Calculus: Calculus is the most advanced form of mathematics used by nurses.
It involves working with derivatives and integrals (a fancy way of saying “calculating rates”). Calculus is typically only needed for very specialized tasks, such as determining blood flow rates or analyzing x-rays/CT scans.
If you’re a nursing student, the best calculator for you is the Casio fx-115ESPLUS2 2nd Edition Calculator. It’s affordable, easy to use, and has all the features you need to succeed in your studies.